[CS-FSLUG] Network storage

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sun May 25 20:25:47 CDT 2008

The only experience I have heard with them was using XP/windows 2000
computers.  I do not know about getting a Mac to work with them.  I do
know that there are a few security policy settings that can be changed
on Vista to get it to talk the old Samba protocol (unsigned packets).
Otherwise you would need a Samba 3+ version (I forgot if it was 3.12 or
there abouts when it got that working?).

Anyway.  The Mac stuff is the great unknown for me.  I do not know much
about their oddities.  Sorry.

Linux should not have much of a problem communicating with it.  Usually
it is just a matter of providing the right information to the right
part  of Linux to get it to speak to anything.

    - Tim Young