[CS-FSLUG] Adding a partition for Linux

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 11 20:10:09 CDT 2008

Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> Just tried to disable the Logo which is a white screen with the word
> E-Machines across the middle.  I said I used <Esc> to enter the bios
> and that was not true, I used <Del> to enter the bios set up.  AND
> when the Logo Screen is up, hitting <Del> causes a clearing of the
> white just enough to print "Entering Setup" at the lower left then it
> goes into the bios set up screens.  Then on exiting the bios setup
> screen...the logo screen is  reapplied...then on the chance that
> somewhere under there there is a Hit Any Key line, I just kept
> repeatedly hitting <Enter>  which had NO effect whatsoever.  It still
> booted from the HD.

Are both cdrom drives on the same data cable?  This is a long shot; but
try disconnecting one of them.  Hopefully the cd drive is on different
data cable than hard drive.  If that doesn't work; put another drive in
at least long enough to get install going.

I've seen brand-new DVD drives in a brand new system have problems with
a Linux install; but connect an ancient 32X CDROM and install goes smoothly.