[CS-FSLUG] Dead Fan on ATI Card

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:40:03 CST 2008

Fan:
http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=139
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14102&vpn=VF700%2DCU&manufacture=ZALMAN%20TECH
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118117&Tpk=vf700-cu

Fanless (wonderfully quiet, and never needs to have a fan replaced again):
http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=147
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25288&vpn=VNF100&manufacture=ZALMAN%20TECH
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118029&Tpk=vnf100

I got myself an NVidia 8600GTS Silentcool after having a particularly
noisy BFG video card. A Zalman cooler quited that BFG card down, but the
fanless 8600GTS Silentcool is absolutely wonderful. Despite temptations
like the NVidia 9600GT and 8800GT, I haven't upgraded yet because I
don't want to back to having a small, noisy, high pitched video card fan
in my computer.

Assuming this e-mail makes it to the list (maybe the last one where I
mentioned Zalman coolers didn't), that should take care of both Erik and
Tim.

Nathan T.