[CS-FSLUG] OS/2 Anyone?

Nathan celerate at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 18:41:19 CDT 2008

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> I've had the TOTAL opposite experience!! Vista is a disaster! It's so
> hardware and application UNfriendly, I now refuse to support it -
> PERIOD! I replace it, but WON'T support it.
>
> Fred

That doesn't come as much of a surprise Fred, if I'm not mistaken SUSE
has been good to you. If I wanted to learn as much about Linux as many
of the people in this list did, and of course grow accustomed to the
things that I'd rather were different but couldn't change, then I'm sure
I'd be much happier with Linux than I am now.

Right now in fact I'm running Ubuntu, I like to keep an eye on the most
suitable distribution I can find for myself. I'm sure my scanner would
work with it, my iPod and my digital camera would too. My webcam aught
to as well given it's age. My printer doesn't work well with it though,
and I have to unplug the bluetooth receiver for my keyboard and mouse
and plug it back in every time I boot up Ubuntu in order to get it to
see these devices because of the order in which it loads the bluetooth
kernel module. I also haven't managed to get it to work in dual display
while the motherboard for my Vista system was off for warranty
replacement (I'm not impressed with Asus). Of course Photoshop Elements
won't run natively on Ubuntu, and the backup program that came with
Ubuntu provides no feedback, it's too transparent and I can't tell when
it's running, when the last backup was completed, or whether or not it
was completed successfully. Vista accompanied with the software I
already own provides me with the things that I'm waiting for Linux to
get, other than that it's coming along nicely.