[CS-FSLUG] I'd like your input please

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Oct 18 14:25:54 CDT 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:29:37 -0500, Whitt Madden <whittmadden at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But I'd like your advice,input on the site, and what I could do to
> help improve what I am doing here. The Lord has truly blessed me in so
> many areas, and a lot of the site, is me expanding on that, and trying
> to help others. I'd really appreciate it, if you could let me know
> what you think of it. Thank you so much, and God bless each of you!

I'll bite. ;-)

Blogs are as close as you can come to being simply yourself. The only
exception is when the purpose of the blog is to promote a commercial or
professional interest, but you said that wasn't the intent any longer.
It's hard to advise someone on being themselves unless I know them so well
I can spot fakery. I have a tough time spotting that in the mirror, so I
won't pretend to help you there. My only advice is to encourage you to use
it and configure it according to your convictions, doing what you *must*
do, saying what you *must* say.

If your intention is simply to draw a lot of traffic, you'll have to
compromise on that. Or, at the very least, engage something very popular
with Netizens. In that case, choose your audience, because there's a
tremendous amount of polarization and specialization of interets.

Even saying all that is merely revealing my own biases, revealing myself.

--
Ed Hurst