[CS-FSLUG] Mozilla Lightning

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:55:20 CDT 2007

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if any of you have had a look at Thunderbird's
Lightning extension, the one that adds calendar features? I just got the
update today, when I noticed the calendar view was empty I was scared
that I had lost everything but fortunately I keep nightly backups. It
turns out my calendar was still there, just disabled. The calendar view
is now easier to get to, and the integration has improved a lot. I'd
recommend this extension to anyone who needs to keep a calendar and
hasn't used it, or hasn't checked out version 0.5 yet, it's a very nice
way to keep a calendar without having to add another app like Sunbird to
your system.

I really think Thunderbird and Lightning combined put together the
single best e-mail application for anyone who doesn't need MS Exchange
support, the only thing that's missing is the ability to sync with my Palm.

Nathan T.