[CS-FSLUG] Career paths

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Feb 20 15:35:25 CST 2007

Be aware that the people above your messy managers may very well be
aware of the crud going on and are just waiting the right opportunity to
fix it and fix it well or may already be reprimanding them. That is
something that shouldn't be done in front of you so you'll never know. A
person in upper management has to leave a certain amount of lower
management to those below. A good upper manager will see clearly the
junk going on. They were once in your position. Don't jeopardize your
face with them by responding poorly to the guys in between.

In all things, maintain your integrity and be blameless before God.

Situations like this often bring Prov. 3:5,6 to my mind:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understandings.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will direct your path.

This is applicable because it is a reminder that you are not to be your
own defender. God will exalt you or put you down ultimately. Stay
faithful to Him and his teachings. Stand behind God and trust that his
perspective is greater than yours. After all, he made TIME! Don't worry
about success and failure. God will take you where He wants to if you'll
just follow and it will be the best place you can go. There is a lot in
those two little verses if you take the time to sit down and think over
them. I'd encourage you to commit them to memory also.

JSR/