[CS-FSLUG] Career paths

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Feb 20 14:09:02 CST 2007

This past Sunday our pastor gave this illustration, which was something
that struck me.

"A Christian, Chinese rice farmer had to pump water up to his farm each
day.  The terraced farms took a lot of effort to fill up, so that the
rice had enough water.  Each farmer would spend much of their day
hauling water.

The farmer whose terrace was immediately under the Christian's one day
broke the wall of the terrace and drained the water out of the
Christian's terrace.  The Christian patched up the wall, and re-pumped
the water.  After this happened a few times, the Christian started
discussing the issue with his friends to determine what the right
response was.  One of the friends said, 'If all we do as Christians is
what is right, then we are a sorry lot.'  Basically, there is a 'right'
response, and there is something greater than that.

The next day the Christian farmer simply pumped his neighbors field
first, then pumped his own.  The neighbor was astounded and ended up
talking to the Christian to determine why he did that.  Because of this
event, the neighbor became a Christian."

I work in basically an all-Christian environment, and so I do not have
to deal with anything close to what you are dealing with.  But I believe
the truth still holds true.  Even as you are trying to look for a new
job, continue to ask the Lord to help you love your accusers, and to
find ways to show them love.

    - Tim Young