[CS-FSLUG] Career paths

Don Parris dcparris at carolina.rr.com
Tue Feb 20 13:48:57 CST 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 02:21, Nathan T. wrote:
> Hey everyone,

<SNIP>

> I get all sorts of grief for forgetting which one of the hundreds of
> customers I've dealt with in a day bought what, or what PO number was
> on one of the fifty or so order fulfillment forms I've going through
> that day was, and after feeding me non-stop conflicting information
> the managers come back at me and complain that I can't remember what
> details they have settled on when it comes to floor plans. It's time
> for me to consider career options and dump this abusive relationship.

Nathan,

I, too, have been on the butt-end of false accusations.  One time I was
falsely accused of letting the two high-volume printers sit for four hours
because the time-stamp on every job was something like 18:20-18:40, and at
23:00, they should have all been printed.  It turns out that the vast
majority of the jobs were between 1500-3000 pages (double-sided), and Xerox'
best printers couldn't possibly spit out that many pages in 20 minutes.

More recently, I was accused of failing to monitor the security cameras
because I had not noticed some kids skating in our parking lot.  The same guy
who accused me of the printer incident (and many similar incidents) said the
kids were in the lot for an hour and that the lobby camera showed me at the
desk the whole time.  Actually, the cameras proved him to be the liar.  The
kids were in our lot for 11 minutes and I stepped away from the desk 2
minutes after they arrived.  Truth is, I may have had a full minute to notice
the kids.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you had better be prepared to face such
accusations, no matter where you go.  This guy and I have been at odds from
the very beginning.  It's not enough that he talks about everyone behind
everyone's back, he had stated outright that he "hates Christians", and I
have long considered him hostile, not because of anything I do, but because I
am a professed Christian.

My boss is also a Christian, and told me something the day after I told him
about the other guy's latest accusation.  He was talking about an
illustration from Tony ??? on the radio, where a kid was playing in the mud,
and his dad, late for work, jumped over his son, but fell into the mud.  He
got up, brushed himself off, and kept running toward the train.  Whatever you
choose to do, just be sure you're not wallowing in the mud (the kid didn't
care), but moving toward THE train (like the father).

I was tempted to push the issue - I had been slandered in a public setting
with this latest accusation.  You really don't know how badly I want to push
the issue of his false accusations.  After 13 years of his junk, I'm tired of
it.  More than that.  Instead, I'm planning to order vegetable seeds with my
accuser.  Maybe I've been through all this for your sake.  Who knows?

And I, too, am seeking new opportunities, hopefully as an editor/writer.  So
we can pray for each other! :-)

Blessings,
Don
--