[CS-FSLUG] Intro

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:03:02 CDT 2007

On 4/29/07, Marco Tedaldi <marco.tedaldi at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> since a few weeks im reading here, so it's time i introduce myself to you.
>
> My Name ist Marco Tedaldi, I'm 30 Years old and live in Switzerland. I'm
> going with Jesus since i'm 17 years old. Married with the best wife one
> could imagine and we have 3 kids. My actual jos is in the electronics.

Welcome to CS-FSLUG Marco!  I'm about to turn 40 - on Friday, as a matter of
fact - have a wife and adult daughter, who will finish emergency medical
technician school (EMT) in mid-May.  My full-time occupation is as a bored
security guard, and I also work part-time as LXer.com's Editor-in-Chief.
I'm the acting chairman of my local LUG (Charlotte, North Carolina).

I'm using Linux since about 8 years and used i mainly on servers. since
> 3 years it's my primaty desktop operating system.

I've been using GNU/Linux seriously since about 2002, and have tinkered with
it since 1997.  It has been my primary desktop for about 3 years as well.

distros I'm using are:
> debian (on my server)
> gentoo (on my desktop)
> kubuntu (on several other machines)
> OpenWRT (on my wlan-routers)

I use Debian primarily, but tinker with other distros as well.

Hobbies are:
> Photographing ( http://flickr.com/photos/kruemi for some examples)
> Actually a relatively new project called openwireless. It's a wireless
> mesh network based on the works of freifunk.net
>
> So that's it for the moment... if you want to know more: just ask .-)

I somehow managed to take up gardening, and am telling my gardening story
photographically.  I haven't made the photos public yet, but don't mind
giving out the link to an individual or two. I'm not a serious photographer,
but I do enjoy it.  The wireless project sounds interesting.

Welcome to the list, and many blessings!

Don
--
D.C. Parris
Minister, Editor, Free Software Advocate