[CS-FSLUG] Intro

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Apr 29 19:41:53 CDT 2007

I'll make a few comparison comments since my bio is way out of date.

Marco Tedaldi wrote:
> My Name ist Marco Tedaldi, I'm 30 Years old and live in Switzerland. I'm
> going with Jesus since i'm 17 years old. Married with the best wife one
> could imagine and we have 3 kids. My actual jos is in the electronics.

I've visited Bern for a week or so with a NATO military sports team. I
now live in a suburb east of Oklahoma City. I've been serving Jesus
since age 9, and I'm 50 right now. My wonderful wife and I have been
together for 29 years as of 01 June this year. My daughter and son are
both married; the latter stays with us for now with his wife.

I'm semi-retired as a disabled veteran. I'm also in the ministry, but
not serving for pay right now. Don Parris and I are active list
moderators; we have one other who is currently pretty busy (Eduardo) and
another even busier (Ciaran).

> I'm using Linux since about 8 years and used i mainly on servers. since
> 3 years it's my primary desktop operating system.

I used various distros for a time since RedHat 5.3 was new, but have
moved to FreeBSD in the past few years. However, I'm no more than a
power user at best.

> Hobbies are:
> Photographing ( http://flickr.com/photos/kruemi for some examples)
> Actually a relatively new project called openwireless. It's a wireless
> mesh network based on the works of freifunk.net

That may become very important if the big corporations and governments
carry out threats to replace the current Internet with something else.

I'm into History, especially Bible History, house churches, along with
some of the social sciences. I sorely miss volksmarching in Europe.

--
Ed Hurst