[CS-FSLUG] Linksys Router Firewall, Windows Security & Backups

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Nov 29 23:25:02 CST 2006

> Tim, I thought I had told you when I got the Mac.  It's been at least

	I think the last I recall (although I've been absent minded the last
month or so) was when you were seriously considering one, but hadn't
bought yet.

> a month now since I got a ram upgrade for the Mini, it was difficult
> to install and even now with the new 1GB it doesn't deliver as much
> speed as I'd like. I suspect the integrated video card makes a
> difference, I've got a 256MB NVidia GeForce 7600 in my Windows
> desktop.

	Yeah, the Mac mini isn't going to compete with that, obviously. The
Core Solo (assuming you got that model) isn't the speediest in the
world either, although it sounds like it should be decent. I expect
more x86 optimizations to be forthcoming.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas