[CS-FSLUG] Linksys Router Firewall, Windows Security & Backups

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 30 09:57:36 CST 2006

At 12:21 AM 11/30/06, Nathan T. wrote:
>If I can't get the AVG internet security I'll probably dump
>the firewalls, although because I'm running on a wireless network
>I'll have to think twice about that (even if it is supposed to be
>secure).

Where did you get the idea that wireless is secure?  There is software out
there that can break the codes in hours or days depending on volume of
traffic.  The intruder must be close enough to listen in on your wireless
conversation; software will collect all data until enough has been gathered
to break the encryption code.

Frank