[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Re: Seeking opinions

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Tue May 23 00:58:12 CDT 2006

Hey everyone,

Here's yet another update.

With two weeks left of school I now have a tutor for Calculus who'll
hopefully help me to get through the course with good enough marks to
have my choice of universities. Only a few week ago we hit related
rates in Calculus that made an ugly dent in my grades and put me in
over my head. Now it's turned into damage control and I'm aiming for
what would now be a very difficult to achieve 75 average in that
class.

I'm also feeling that there's a definite University of Waterloo theme
over here in Yk lately, the guidance counsellor wants me to go there
and went out of his way to try and convince me, and now my Calculus
tutor is telling me that the U of W is the school for CS in Canada.
I'm almost getting the feeling that if I want my CS degree to be worth
anything it'll need to come from U of W.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I think I've effectively
narrowed it down to the U of S or U of W. I'd appreciate any prayers
or otherwise that you folks could provide because I'm trying to swim
with lead shoes on in Calculus thanks to a missing prerequisite Math
class (it was lost in translation from P.A. to Yellowknife sadly).
There's always summer school and the option of another year of school
if I need it. I think my parents have their minds set on kicking me
out either way come September though so I really need those prayers.