[CS-FSLUG] Seeking opinions

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Sun May 14 21:59:10 CDT 2006

On 5/14/06, Alan Trick <alantrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is very important. IIRC DeVry is a "technology institute" or
> something (which is a euphemism for "bad school" or "MSCEs go here" :P).
> I haven't been to Canada in a while, so things might have changed, but
> that was my impression I got from they're propaganda.

I'd describe technical institutes as by-and-large vocational schools,
and they may be the right choice depending on what sort of career
you're training for.  Their focus is just a little bit different from
that of a university.

The big problem that I have with Devry is not that its a technical
institute, but that its a for-profit company.

Dave