[CS-FSLUG] Intermittent WiFi Connection?

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue May 9 17:36:57 CDT 2006

I have a Linksys Wifi (Broadcom 38xx) card in my laptop (running
Ubuntu 5.10), and recently began experiencing intermittent
connections.  Once it goes out, I can run "sudo wlan down/up", and it
generally locks up on me after obtaining the IP address.  When I say
"locks up", I do mean that only a hard power-down will allow me to
recover.

The only two things I can think of that may be involved are:
(a) recent updates - one of which was a kernel update
(b) foul weather - not sure how that would impact me, especially since
I am inside, but it's the only other thing I can think of that's
different.

My question is, has anyone else run into intermittent wifi issues,
where one minute it works, and the next it doesn't?  I think I have an
idea of what to do here, I'm just curious to know if anyone else has
experienced this.

Thanks,
Don
--