[CS-FSLUG] Setting Up Connection Sharing - SUSE 10.0

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Mon Feb 27 14:39:27 CST 2006

> the Routing module and type in the address for the internal NIC on the
> primary SUSE box.  I'm not sure how to add the default route under
> Ubuntu or Knoppix.
>
> I tried 'route add', but haven't been able to make that work properly.
>  I'm sure I am using it incorrectly on the Knoppix box, but the Ubuntu
> box won't even allow me to use the command.  I have to go now, but I

I would highly suggest that instead of working on the individual boxes,
you work on your SUSE box.  Your DHCP server on your SUSE box should be
sending out the configuration (including the gateway -- which should be
the default route) to your other clients.  If those clients have their
gateway correct, but aren't setting their default route (check with the
route command) then start checking the network configuration on the clients.

sjm