[CS-FSLUG] Dvorak Keyboards

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Thu Feb 9 22:57:51 CST 2006

> http://www.independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=356
>
> The myth of intentional inefficiency ranks up there with the Craig
> Shergold story for being itself silly. What it really boils down to is

For a dissenting opinion (maybe slightly biased, but it does give
another side to the story):

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/dissent.html

Interestingly, he mentions some situations where it might not be
convenient to switch:

- If you move from computer to computer all day.
- If you program in un-English languages like Unix shell commands.
- If you depend on software's keyboard commands (as in vi or emacs) that
you know by their positions, not their letters.

I wonder about that one.  I use vi quite a bit.  How hard would it be to
switch to using vi with a Dvorak layout?  Any experience here?

sjm