[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sat Apr 8 18:53:32 CDT 2006

Doc,

You are absolutely right, just because a document is ancient doesn't mean it is true. I have heard way too many people try to claim that "Atlantis" just because a guy named Plato wrote about it. I have never seen anything in history to validate the such a claim. Likewise, I find it doubtful that this so-called gospel will ever be validated as anything more than an authentic hoax (and an ancient one at that). It does not harmonize with the other gospels and it tries to elevate one of the disciples as somehow being superiour to the others, contrary to what Jesus was constantly teaching them about serving one another. The way I see it, I don't think we need to add this to the canon. I just hope this discussion can end peacefully and soon.

Pax,
Christopher Rose