[CS-FSLUG] [OT] The Bible on How to Treat Aliens (or immigrants)

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Fri Apr 7 23:25:23 CDT 2006

By any chance... was Abraham, when he established himself in Canaan, a
lawful alien? Who gave him the visa?

By any chance, was the Hebrew people a lawful alien when they were 40
years in Sinai? Were there with permission of the rulers of their
country?

Was Jeremiah a lawful alien when he went into Egypt? Did he apply for a
green card so he could work in the building business (doing mud balls
might call for that)?

Was Ruth a lawful alien when she came to Bethlehem? Who gave her a visa
or a green card, so she could go to harvest fields?

Come on. Doc, you have a good point: aliens should always respect the
rules of the host country. But to apply the category of lawful
alienship to these Biblical precepts is, I am afraid, just a
projection. Aliens were just aliens and the Schripture applies to all
of them.

Blessings,

Eduardo
(a former lawful alien resident of the U.S.)

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America

		-- Edmund Burke