[CS-FSLUG] [OT] The Bible on How to Treat Aliens (or immigrants)

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 19:30:56 CDT 2006

 > Michael Bradley, Jr. wrote:
> Earlier today I found the following list of Biblical quotations on a
> blogsite that I read from time to time.  I don't always agree with the
> author on a number of issues, though I frequently appreciate his insight
> and clear thinking on a range of church and culture-related subjects. In
> any case, with the present heated debate in the USA about reform of the
> laws that regulate immigration (especially from south of the border), I
> think it is helpful to prayerfully reflect on what the Lord has declared
> on the subject in His Holy Word.  Such reflection, I believe, can only
> help Christians and Jews on any "side" of the debate.

He gives every evidence of being a sloppy neo-scholar
who has indulged himself in the sin of proof-texting.

Not one of these texts speaks a word to the problem of
*illegal* aliens.

This addresses *legal* aliens, people who are *not native*
to the land in which they are *legally resident*.

Remember, Jesus never instructed the Centurion to
cease being a Centurion, He merely instructed him
to be ethical.

A Centurion could kill an illegal alien if he caught
him crossing a border that the Emperor had declared
off-limits.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com