[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Sep 19 12:30:12 CDT 2005

> What happened was goal oriented science. The question goes from
> "Can such and so an environment produce amino acids" to "what kind
> of environment creates amino acids". The scientists end up creating
> a machine designed to produce amimo acids rather than doing an
> experiment on an expected environment. Kind of like wondering if
> monkeys can type Shakespere and using college english students in
> the experiment. Goal oriented rather than scientifically oriented.

     Very true. All things considered, the monkeys will probably do a
better job of reproducing Shakespeare. :-P

     -Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis