[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:42:46 CDT 2005

On 9/15/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> [...]

If you look at the "doctrine" of Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, it's
basically another model of intelligent design, so it's a little
difficult to argue for equivalent time :)

> That such nonsense makes it's way into the Wikipedia is
> evidence of one of its weaknesses -- no prior peer review
> of the content.

Did you actually read the Wikipedia article?  (it's currently locked
and hasn't been updated for a few days, so if you looked at it you
should have seen the same stuff that I'm seeing now.

Here's the first sentence of the article: "Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
is a satirical parody religion created to protest the decision by the
Kansas State Board of Education to allow intelligent design to be
taught in science classes alongside evolution."

Does that sound like a fair assessment of Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
to you?  As an attempt at humour that's essentially developed into a
social protest movement, drawing a fair bit of attention, I think that
it's worthy of having a mention in Wikipedia.

David