[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Laid off

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Sep 13 09:38:40 CDT 2005

I think most of the others touched on this, but remember that just
because you were laid off does not mean that you are a horrible person
or anything.  And secondly, it is important to realize that God is in
control.

When I graduated highschool, I think I may have had $40 or so on me.  I
ended up doing basically nothing for the summer and then went off to
college.  I did not know what I wanted to do, or where I wanted to go.
My parents chose my college for me, and I just went.  Even though I was
clueless, looking back on it, there was one university that had a
conference for missionary computer people, and that was the one I
"accidentally" attended.  Even though I was clueless, God led me exactly
where I needed to go.

Once, after graduating college, I worked over three years at one place,
and came in one day and they asked me to clean up my office and be out
that day.  They asked me to take half an hour to talk to the person they
had who was going to replace me, and then I was out.  I actually look
back on that as a sizable part of how the Lord led me to where I am today.

Any advice for you?  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not
on your own understanding.  In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He
will make thy paths straight."  Keep on the list here, having godly
friends helps a lot.

    - Tim Young