[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Laid off

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Tue Sep 13 09:42:02 CDT 2005

Nathan T. wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I got laid off from work today, I don't know the exact reason for it but
> the story I got was that I was just hired on as temporary staff over the
> summer all of a sudden. I don't blame the managers, nor do I have any
> hostilities over this, I'm just  concerned that I'm not getting the full
> story.
>
> What's really bothering me though, is that I don't know where to go from
> here. I'm about 9 months away from graduating high school for good, I
> really don't have much in the way of savings at all, and I don't know
> how much time I'll have after graduating before I'm "dismissed from the
> house" in order to find my own living accommodations and food.
>
> I'm wondering what I should do now, I'm feeling a little down after
> losing the job, but more importantly I'm feeling a lot of uncertainty
> now that I don't have the job any more. What do I make of these recent
> events, and what do I do now?

You're not even out of high school yet.  I thought you were in college.  At
any rate, I would just "second the motion" made by the others.  Sounds like
you should have a clean conscience to go look for your next job.  Don't
sweat losing a job just now.  You should be able to find new work fairly
quickly.  Life happens, Nathan.  You can engage in self-pity, or you can
remember that Someone Else is in charge of your life, and trust Him to lead
you through the Valley of the Shadow of Death.  Not that losing a job is the
bottom of the valley, but I recognize it's not exactly a peak, either.

Fred's right.  The Lord has something else for you to do.  Perhaps you
should start by asking Him what that is (and seeking it out).

The Lord's peace be with you,
Don