[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Laid off

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Sep 13 08:46:10 CDT 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 11:48 pm, Nathan T. wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I got laid off from work today, I don't know the exact reason for it but
> the story I got was that I was just hired on as temporary staff over the
> summer all of a sudden. I don't blame the managers, nor do I have any
> hostilities over this, I'm just concerned that I'm not getting the full
> story.

That's nothing "new" to many of us. Often you won't get the "full" story, in
particular if it involves any religious connotations. There IS discrimination
in the workplace and you won't be able to prove most of it. An example is
getting hired for a position when you have MORE experience than all or most
of the other applicants, a good work history, etc., but you're long past 40
yrs. old.

> What's really bothering me though, is that I don't know where to go from
> here. I'm about 9 months away from graduating high school for good, I
> really don't have much in the way of savings at all, and I don't know how
> much time I'll have after graduating before I'm "dismissed from the house"
> in order to find my own living accommodations and food.

I'm sure that's not a real problem.

> I'm wondering what I should do now, I'm feeling a little down after losing
> the job, but more importantly I'm feeling a lot of uncertainty now that I
> don't have the job any more. What do I make of these recent events, and
> what do I do now?

Pick yourself up by your "bootstraps" and find a new job. God has something
else for you to do......go find it.

Fred

to you, at this time.