[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Laid off

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:48:54 CDT 2005

Hi everyone

I got laid off from work today, I don't know the exact reason for it but the
story I got was that I was just hired on as temporary staff over the summer
all of a sudden. I don't blame the managers, nor do I have any hostilities
over this, I'm just concerned that I'm not getting the full story.

What's really bothering me though, is that I don't know where to go from
here. I'm about 9 months away from graduating high school for good, I really
don't have much in the way of savings at all, and I don't know how much time
I'll have after graduating before I'm "dismissed from the house" in order to
find my own living accommodations and food.

I'm wondering what I should do now, I'm feeling a little down after losing
the job, but more importantly I'm feeling a lot of uncertainty now that I
don't have the job any more. What do I make of these recent events, and what
do I do now?