[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Laid off

.mash re.mash at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 00:03:57 CDT 2005

Nathan

I am fairly young and have just begun to end my own season of uncertainty.
I do use the word "end" lightly though.

I want to let you know there are two ways you can go from here, I have
tried them
both thoroughly and only one is worth even considering.

Before I explain the two ways , the first thing you need to do is just
take some
time out and sit and pray and calm yourself. There is a million things
going through your head and at some point unless you start slowing
those thoughts down your brain is going to explode!

Make a simple list, create some simple "Life levels".
I use the term "Life Levels" rather then goals as goals always tend to
be definitive things
you want to do or become. These you will find out hardly ever come
into fruition concerning yourself and this is due to the fact that no
one really knows who and what they want to be in till God shows them.
Soo, create "Life Levels" for yourself, for example, I have a long
term "Level" of Leadership. Now I have no idea what type of leadership
this will be. Whether it is becoming Tech' support team leader in my
workplace or even a church leader, what I do know is the level of
characteristics and skills I need to reach that level. We don't really
have all the control over who we will be, but we DO have control of
what we learn, absorb, share and grow in. Thus, create a Short, middle
and long term list of "L levels" you want to reach. The skills you
will need to learn and characteristics you need to gain.
What happens in the middle is that you find out what your interests
are, where your talent is and the type of career role you are best
suited for. Also just out of interest, the type of women you thought
you were attracted to changes dramtically.

Now that was all very easy to say and not easy to think about right now for you.

Sit down with your parents or "house" and find out what your time
frame is, when do you have to be out, do you have to be out straight
away. Make a simple list of what needs to be cleared in your head.

School
Accommodation
Money
Job
etc.

If you are staying with your folks find out what they think about the
situation. Concerning money, start making a budget if you won't have
any income in the next month or so. Once you start clearing away the
stress of worry you can start looking at your situation with a focused
mind. I can imagine you must be coming up to your final exams and
there is no need to add more stress then you already have. Then look
at your resume and start looking for work again. Be prepared to work
in something that has nothing to do with what you want to do but more
to do with now and paying the bills. If you humble yourself, doors
will open.

Now back to the "two ways" I mentioned before.

I am an intelligent chap, yet was a complete fool for 5 years when I headed off
from South Africa to make my life here in the United Kingdom.

I did everything on my own,

and failed miserably!

I am now doing everything with God and am prospering.

I am though, still holding responsibility for my previous mistakes,
like debt etc. But God has been gracious and allowed those horrible
lessons merely so I would grow in character.

RULE OF LIFE, (and what I base my entire life on.)

"In everything I do, I do it with humility and gratitude and most
importantly in communication with God."

Talk to God and he will listen, communicate with God and he will come
into relationship with you and be more real and more evidently
proactive then you could ever imagine.

James 4:8 "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you..."

That means though that you have to make the first move.

Nathan, trust God and trust yourself. Also don't ever be afraid to ask
for help and always , always remember that if you let God be part of
the decisions you make, He will respect your humility and bless you
with wisdom and strength.

You have my personal email address if you ever want to chat to me about
my own journey from leaving home on my own to where I am now then drop me
a line whenever.

'Mash