[CS-FSLUG] NI: Heads up, Microsoft: Oracle snags Siebel, eBay buys Skype

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Sep 12 09:34:23 CDT 2005

Heads up, Microsoft: Oracle snags Siebel, eBay buys Skype

 In a deal valued at $5.8 billion, Oracle completed the sequel in this
morning's merger double-header (the first installment was eBay's buyout of
Skype) by acquiring CRM provider Siebel Systems. The move crowns Oracle CEO
Larry Ellison as king of all-things-CRM and sends a clear message to Bill
Gates and Steve Ballmer that Microsoft faces a huge fight in the CRM market.
Meanwhile, eBay's $2.6 billion acquisition of IP telephony phenomenon Skype
finally puts the auction giant into direct competition with Redmond on at
least one front.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/index.php?p=1835&tag=nl.e539

to you, at this time.