[CS-FSLUG] NI: Six Dumbest Ideas in Comp Security

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Sep 12 06:59:49 CDT 2005

Don Parris wrote:
> I would love to get some responses to this article:
> http://www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/editorials/dumb/
>
> The guy seems to know a thing or two.  Anyway...

Though hardly "The Answer"(R) to computer security, I thought it was a
good approach to pointing out the dangers of unquestioned assumptions.
Several commentators noted DRM and Trusted Computing seem aimed in the
same direction, I believe this man was careful to aim his comments at
the institutional setting, to inform IT workers, not the SOHO. DRM and
such is planned as universal. That's a pretty big difference.

--
Ed Hurst