[CS-FSLUG] Recommendation on Wireless NICs

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 12 00:34:56 CDT 2005

Don Parris wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a solid wireless NIC - not the router, the NIC -
> that will be suitable for SUSE or other GNU/Linux distros?  When I
> asked about this on the SUSE list, I got plenty of debate over the
> security issues, and even some ideas on which router to use, but not
> one single word on the NICs.  Does anyone here use a wireless NIC with
> Linux?  If so, which one?
>
> Don

Does it have to be natively Linux compatible?

I am running a Buffalo (Broadcom) G54 pcmcia nic with Puppy
and have a matching pci one that I plan to run with Puppy
on a desktop.

I like them because they have good power and external antenna
connectors.

Someone on the Puppy list made up an app that interfaces them
very easily.  For other distros you will have to wrestle with
ndiswrapper ... every time I tried that with Suse 9.2 it messed
up my pc.

--

Blessings ... doc

       /\ /\