[CS-FSLUG] Recommendation on Wireless NICs

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:18:49 CDT 2005

On 9/12/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Don Parris wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a solid wireless NIC - not the router, the NIC -
> > that will be suitable for SUSE or other GNU/Linux distros?  When I
> > asked about this on the SUSE list, I got plenty of debate over the
> > security issues, and even some ideas on which router to use, but not
> > one single word on the NICs.  Does anyone here use a wireless NIC with
> > Linux?  If so, which one?
> >
> > Don
>

> Does it have to be natively Linux compatible?

I certainly prefer native Linux compatibility, and preferably libre
licensed firmware.  The latter part may not be possible, but if there
is such a thing, I'd be interested.  The thing is, I'm a non-Windows -
and nearly non-proprietary - 'shop' now.  I prefer to pay for hardware
and software that supports libre software to the extent that is
possible.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist