[CS-FSLUG] Apocrypha

'mash re.mash at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 02:27:08 CST 2005

On 11/10/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> You may need to do some personal research and to consult
> folks under whose spiritual authority you sit for assistance
> in considering this.

I appreciate everyones help. I am by nature a inquisitive person and
every now and then I end up stirring myself into confusion at what I know.
This is in relation to my life spiritually and non-spiritually, (not
that there is really a separation.)
I have grown up in a somewhat non doctrinal christian home. I believe my
my mother comes from a strong Catholic background though this has never
really filtered into the home apart from teaching us children of the majesty
and reverence of God. Apart from that most of my Christian life has fallen
under what I call a relational doctrine of Jesus which can sometimes lead
to a very comfortable buddy Christ attitude that a lot of my
generation, 20 somethings
appear to adopt. We tend not to care about the history of the Church or biblical
history concerning the Jews etc. It is a shame but it how young spiritual life
coexists with sex drugs and rock and roll. It is a more personal relationship
and I believe this has a lot to do with the hypocrisy my generation has
been witness to in the church.

I have a heart for finding out more of the history and am spending the next few
months in real study of the word. I am thinking of putting together a
blog about this
journey through out the year. Taking one book of the bible at a time and really
looking and meditating and seeing what is revealed to me about God and
the history surrounding the book.

I will pass on the blog details later this month and also technical
details as I am interested
in using "emacs-wiki.el" - http://repose.cx/emacs/wiki/

(I am trying to do everything under Emacs at the moment - phew!)

Thanks everyone

'mash