[CS-FSLUG] Possible Ministry with Local Church

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:46:18 CDT 2005

On 6/23/05, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/23/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> > Linux. I'll post any positive responses I get......IF any. ;) Once again, for
> > myself, I CAN'T support Microsoft. I've been convicted that it's wrong to do
> > so, so I have to find ways around using any apps. written for it. Here again,
> > I make NO judgement on anyone else.....just expressing my conviction.
>
> So, what changes would Microsoft need to make before you'd considering
> using their software again (or do you regard the company as
> essentially unredeemable)?

Speaking for myself:
Microsoft will have to begin releasing software under a license
compatible with the GPL or the Modified BSD license.  Even then, I
would only get the version released from a Debian-styled distribution
(i.e, Windows stable) team. ;)

> Equally, what actions by Novell/SuSE would it take before you'd stop
> purchasing from them?

As I continue my movement toward a libre software-only policy, I'm
seriously considering a migration to one of the community distros,
with a goal of paying the same price I would pay for SUSE Pro as a
contribution (if I cannot purchase it).  SUSE continues to include
non-libre software in their distro.  I am making the choice to support
libre software - not non-libre.  That said, I am hoping the Ichthux
project will be able to deliver an installable OS soon.  This also
applies to IBM.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist