[CS-FSLUG] NI: Protect the vibrant Iraqi Christian community.

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 20:13:44 CDT 2005

On 7/30/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2005 11:37 pm, David Aikema wrote:
> > That website does seem a little politically charged. Heavy on
> > flag-waving with not a single-explicit reference to Iraqi religious
> > freedom (from an Iraqi) inside it that I noted while viewing it.
> >
> > With the "liberty and justice for all" blurb (ie. US pledge of
> > allegiance) on the website, I think that perhaps this organization is
> > a little too American. I think that the way their petition is
> > phrased, a sound of an American imposition to it (something which
> > might have a bit of a backlash in the Mid-East).
>
> [snip]
>
> I knew you'd say something like this.
>
> Fred
>
> --

Frankly, the only reference to religion I noticed in the film was an
American talking about his Bible being his protection from an RPG.  I
think the video is aimed at winning signatures, not demonstrating the
need for religious freedom in Iraq.  It may be needed, but you
wouldn't know it by that video.  I'm not commenting on the need to
sign the petition, jsut the issue of the video.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/