[CS-FSLUG] NI: Protect the vibrant Iraqi Christian community.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Jul 31 12:41:07 CDT 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 2:08 am, David Aikema wrote:

[snip]

> I'm kind of curious as to how you view that the petition is seeking
> religious freedom through the inclusion of the UN's Universal
> Declaration of Human Rights in the new constitution for Iraq.  From
> what I recall, you're not a great big fan of the UN, given such things
> as the ideas it seems to exhibit on "reproductive rights" (ie.

You're right - I'm not!!

> abortion, etc.).  Does, in your view, such a statement imply an
> overall endorsement of the UN and hence you'd be opposed, or are you
> in favour of the usage of UN documents if they seem to fit the

One of the many problems with the UN is that they do produce a document,
RARELY, that is worded correctly, buy the interpretation BY THE UN is
different than everyone else.

> situation?  (I'm trying to rack my brain for an alternate way to
> approach this issue given a non-Christian population, and haven't had
> any great ideas).

You're not alone! I don't pretend to have all the answers.....in fact very few
of them. As to Iraq, what I DO KNOW, is that you'd be very surprised to know
how many Christians are in Iraq and some other Arab states. They have been
and will continue to be persecuted and killed until our Lord returns and He
defeats Satan and his willing and unwilling followers, INCLUDING Islam.

Fred

to you, at this time.