[CS-FSLUG] NI: Novell Files Answer and Counterclaims, and Tells Us the Rest of the SCO Story

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:02:50 CDT 2005

On 7/30/05, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> SCO vs. Linux has been going on for a very long time and I stopped
> following it maybe a year ago or so. I'm not sure about the rest of
> you, but the only follow ups I'm looking forward to is when SCO
> looses. I remember hearing about MS putting some funds behind SCO,
> that might explain why they have held up so long against Red Hat,
> Novell, IBM, and all the other smaller groups they were going to sue.

A complaint was filed with the SEC, with respect to the funds
channelled to SCO from Msft through it's connections.  It is true that
Msft claims that Baystar makes its own investment decisions.  However,
the complaint filed points to illegal/improper insider trading and
other scandalous actions by both SCO Group and Microsoft executives
and insiders, including former Msft, officer, Paul Allen.  I am
waiting to see if that complaint ever gets anywhere.

This Novell document, however, is of great interest.  It's a shame it
has taken this long for this stuff to come out.  I guess all things
come out in their proper time.  If it holds water, and I believe it
does, it's a good thing in my view.
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/