[CS-FSLUG] Re: Linux On Laptop

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Mon Feb 28 23:24:49 CST 2005

I have had luck running BasicLinux 3.25 (now in version 3.32) on my Toshiba WinBook XP which has a very small (500MB) hard drive and only about 16MB of ram. Indeed, BL3 even has a gui and is fully compatible with slackware (mostly slack 4.0), as it is a slackware derivative. Admittedly, it probably won't recognize wi-fi, but it does work nicely and there is a package from the slackware site that allows for ethernet that does work with it. Hope that helps, if not, oh well.

Pax,
Christopher