[CS-FSLUG] American Experience: Alfred Kinsey

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Tue Feb 15 10:31:03 CST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:09:52AM -0500, Ritchie, Josiah wrote:
[snip]
> In contrast to Fred's statement (I believe this debate was waged a year
> or more ago... But for completeness); God calls us to share the gospel,
> not morality. Morality is a response to God.

I agree.  We are to be about disciple-making, not
moral-but-going-to-hell-people-making.

> In short, we share the Gospel that God might convert them. After that,
> we worry about the discipleship process.

Not to start a flamefest, argument, tantrum, dispute, or anything
similar, but is there a difference between preaching/conversion and
disciple-making?  In the Greek of the Great Commission, the verb Jesus
used is "make disciples".  This is to be done *while* going, teaching,
and baptizing.  The Greek indicates the command is not to go or to teach
or to baptize but to do those things while making disciples.
Nonetheless, I completely agree that our job is not to create a moral
and yet lost society.  Apart from Jesus even Mother Theresa is going to
hell (I am not making any claims about her salvation...).
--
john-thomas
------