[CS-FSLUG] Shopping for a handheld

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:23:40 CST 2005

On 12/15/05, David McGlone <dmcglone at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hey all, I'm looking for a handheld and wanted to ask for some input.
>
> I want to know what everyone is using.
>
> I want something that runs linux, or at least works great with my linux boxes
> here.

I'm using an old Handspring Visor Deluxe with the Palm OS still on it.
 It works great with my SUSE 10.0 boxen and with Ubuntu.  The Sharp
Zaurus with Linux can still be had somewhere - but use google on that.
 SpiderTools.com sells a (refubrished?) Zaurus along with their
training materials in text format.  LinuxDevices.com and tuxmobil.org
should prove to be invaluable resources.

> I also would like wireless 802.11g if it's possible. If not will 802.11b work
> ok with an 802.11g wireless router?

I can't help with the wireless stuff.

> If it's not possible to get one running linux, are there any workarounds or
> something simular to linux?
>
> I would also like to know if it's possible to sync wirelessley.
>
> any suggestions?

Hopefully, some of the others will be able to help with the wireless stuff.

Blessings,
Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist