[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Re: Interesting picture, creation vs. evolution

Schalk Engelbrecht schalk.engelbrecht at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 02:10:05 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 14:45 -0800, Chris Brault wrote:
> Interesting,
>
> > > Guys - it comes down to what you believe!
> Evolution is very
> > > simply  put, a religion, packaged as science.
> There can be no
> > > mixes and matches.
>
> > I think that is a dangerous statement ("There can
> > be no mixes and matches"). Personally, I know a
> whole boatload
> > of otherwise perfectly theologically sound
> Christians that are
> > very much in the Theistic Evolution/Intelligent
> Design camp. To
> > make Evolution exclusively outside the realm of
> Christianity
> > creates a needless wall to belief.
>
> I think what he was trying to say was that Evolution
> is incompatible with the beliefs of Jesus, the
> apsotles and the church fathers. It is also
> incompatible with the origin of man's sinful nature
> and with the plan of redemption.
Exactly and well put.  English is not my first language...

I certainly did not expect to open a can of worms like this!!

Debates can go on and on because people have such strong belief systems.
What I do know is that we don't know everything and that there is a
myriad of lacking evidence especially on the evolution side.  I take the
bible "AS IS" not because I am a inerrantist or fundamentalist, but
because I have a personal relationship with God and know that He is
truth - so if He tells me He made the world in 6 days - I would rather
believe Him than anybody else!