[CS-FSLUG] WTB older laptop

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Sun Aug 21 00:32:42 CDT 2005

Hi,

   recently Nathan picked up a new laptop.  Having looked it over it
would seem unsuited to many of the applications I'd put one too.  I
thought I should look for an older laptop for personal use while one
could still be found.

   What I'd like are:
   - 200 MHz or better
   - CD-ROM
   - 3.5" disk drive, built in or external
   - 600 x 800 or better display
   - at least one USB port
   - RS232 serial port
   - PCMCIA ports
   - Linux friendly

   Nathan's laptop does not come with a 3.5" disk drive, nor does it
have a RS232 serial port.  For some of the older equipment I have the
RS232 port is essential, as is a 3.5" disk drive.

   It bothers me to some extent, and I feel that I'm being dragged along
against my will (is this a sign of old age? :-) to accept newer
equipment and software that makes my peripheral equipment obsolete.  I
understand the market forces that drive the newer technology, I just
can't afford to keep up.

   Any suggestions for an older model laptop that would suit my needs?

          Thanks,

                   Ron T.
--
Ron G. Thompson, |^|
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
www.petomai.org   ron at petomai.org
"Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as doves to their window?" Is
60:8