[CS-FSLUG] Libranet or Mepis

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Aug 15 22:02:01 CDT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, dmc wrote:

> I would strongly recommend that you try Puppy linux.  It is already
> small, runs on just about everything, has a terrific support forum
> which includes the primary developer, some of his helpers, and many
> highly knowledgeable users.

Thanks, but no thanks. I've long ago given up testing the latest
recommended flavors. With no expectation of computing utopia for this
Compaq Presario laptop, I was searching the collection of disks on hand
(sent by friends; I have no broadband) and settled upon the least bad
of the tests. The tests included both version of Vector Linux. I now
run SUSE 9.2 and don't anticipate any further changes. The idea was to
get work done, not to play.

If and when the donor delivers to our church a promised surplus 64-bit
system from his OS/2 collection, it will run either SUSE or a RHEL
clone. I admit I used to enjoy experimenting and such, but I'm past
that phase. Frankly, on 64-bit I'd be more likely to run a BSD if I
couldn't make SUSE or RHEL work as desired.

Ed Hurst