[CS-FSLUG] Libranet or Mepis

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 15 20:57:18 CDT 2005

I would strongly recommend that you try Puppy linux.  It is already
small, runs on just about everything, has a terrific support forum
which includes the primary developer, some of his helpers, and many
highly knowledgeable users.

I have tried RedHat, Suse (still have it), Mandrake, and several
others and have to say that Puppy is the equal of them all.

You get to choose what to keep and what to delete and it is easy.

You may add OpenOffice or use AbiWord, or one of several other
options.  You may use Firefox, Thunderbird, the Mozilla Suite,
the Opera Suite, or a variety of other Internet access apps.

One of the folks just wrote a simple app that loads up and
allows one to run a list of wireless cards that are usually
not available to Linux without a messy tangle with ndiswrapper
and the WinXP drivers.

Worth a try http://www.goosee.com/puppy/  ... and it is free!
And no, despite the marketing pitch, I have no financial
association with Puppy at all, just love what they have created.

HTH ... doc

--
Respectfully,
David M. Colburn, D.Min, MACo, etc.