[CS-FSLUG] Most Linux Friendly Streaming Technology?

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 15 22:00:56 CDT 2005

Which audio streaming technology should we recommend to radio
stations?

I am really sick and tired of trying to listen to favorite
programs via the Internet only to run into proprietary Microsoft
anti-competitive streaming technologies.

Please tell me what you have found readily accessible --
natively Linux friendly without the need to jump through all
sorts of hacks and hoops -- and please share the URL's so I
may try them please?

Once I find a couple I am going to start peppering every
offending radio station with the recommendations.

Also, does anyone know what the current rough demographics
are of Linux users vs Apple and MS?

--
Respectfully,
David M. Colburn, D.Min, MACo, etc.