[CS-FSLUG] Most Linux Friendly Streaming Technology?

Steve McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Mon Aug 15 22:43:39 CDT 2005

dmc wrote:
> Which audio streaming technology should we recommend to radio
> stations?

I haven't tried it (yet), but this Live CD looks very interesting:
http://www.dynebolic.org/

Off the site:

"Surf, stream, edit, encode and broadcast both sound and video, all just
in one CD you have simply to boot!

Dyne:bolic is shaped on the needs of media activists to eager the
production of informations, realizing a full multimedia studio. It takes
birth as a grassroot effort to spread free software and the spirit of
sharing informations. "

It looks like it emphasizes streaming Ogg Vorbis, but includes Muse and
Icecast as audio streaming servers.  I'm pretty sure Icecast does mp3.

If you look at it, let us know your thoughts as I may not get to it for
a while.

sjm