[CS-FSLUG] Recording church services

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Wed Aug 10 22:34:20 CDT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:04:38 -0400
Brian Derr <bderr at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 22:34 +0000, Robert W. wrote:
> > I'm doing a bit of research into options for recording our church
> > services. Does your church record its services? Are they recorded to
> > tape, CD, or sound files?
> >
> > I'm looking for information on the options that are available, and a
> > general cost range (is it thousands of dollars, or a couple hundred).
>
> I don't know if there is an online, searchable archive of this list but
> this has been discussed before.  That being said, our church used to
> record to tape.  We recently purchased a professional CD
> recorder/player.  It has two drives, one to write, one to play (the
> writer can also play).  We push record after the worship and let it burn
> the disc.  Later someone brings it home and rips the CD, encodes to mp3
> and posts it to our website.
>
> I can provide more information about the burner on request as well as
> the software we use.
> --
> Brian
>
> The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after
> him.  -- Proverbs 20:7

There is also an on-going thread on L4C about automating the burning
process, with the possibility of recording separate tracks.  This isn't
happening yet, but is being talked about.  The guys are considering what
might be the best starting point.  You might get some decent info from them
as well.

Blessings,
Don
--