[CS-FSLUG] Recording church services

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 10 18:04:38 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 22:34 +0000, Robert W. wrote:
> I'm doing a bit of research into options for recording our church
> services. Does your church record its services? Are they recorded to
> tape, CD, or sound files?
>
> I'm looking for information on the options that are available, and a
> general cost range (is it thousands of dollars, or a couple hundred).

I don't know if there is an online, searchable archive of this list but
this has been discussed before.  That being said, our church used to
record to tape.  We recently purchased a professional CD
recorder/player.  It has two drives, one to write, one to play (the
writer can also play).  We push record after the worship and let it burn
the disc.  Later someone brings it home and rips the CD, encodes to mp3
and posts it to our website.

I can provide more information about the burner on request as well as
the software we use.
--
Brian

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after
him.  -- Proverbs 20:7