[CS-FSLUG] ISO Image Quality & Burn Speeds

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Fri Aug 5 23:58:31 CDT 2005

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:11:57 +0700
"Dommy E. Hamid" <d-e-x at spitfire.net> wrote:

> Chris Brault wrote:
> > Indeed,

<snip>

> You know what, maybe the quality of the CD is ok.. but the quality of
> the burner is not. There was a roundup review of DVD-RW a while back in
> Anandtech. The first thing I notice is that one DVD-RW produces more
> errors on the same blank DVD than others. Cheaper DVD-RW usually gives
> out more error, some cannot even read the DVD it burns.
>
> Dommy
>
> ---

I have a Sony DRU-710A (ATAPI/EIDE).  It burns/reads about every format
there is:

DVD+R DL
DVD+R/+RW
DVD-R/-RW
CD-R/-RW

I think it sings along with any musical media, if you throw it a couple of
quarters. :-)  It's the 1st time I've ever been remotely up-to-date
hardware-wise.  The magazine and user reviews of this model were excellent
(typically 4 out of 5 stars, etc), and the shopkeeper said it was a solid
choice.

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist