[CS-FSLUG] Pardon me while I grouch

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Aug 3 07:19:41 CDT 2005

Fred A. Miller wrote:

> Yet, I don't have these problems, nor do any of the boxen I've setup. I'd like
> to know why you have them and I don't.

I don't know what to say. For example, the Kwrite issue has been
consistent since KDE 3.2.0 on every box I've use, and started with SuSE
8.2. The background error stuff has been there since KDE 2.x on at least
three distros, but got more voluminous in KDE 3.x. I noticed it beacuse
I quit using KDM long ago. When logging out of KDE, it drops to the
console and there have always been error messages for the longest time.

The machine power ranges from the Gateway Solo with a 266Mhz/160MB RAM
up through that Athlon 1.1Ghz with the .5GB RAM (the one with major
display issues in Linux/Unix).

--
Ed Hurst